السبت، 6 يونيو 2009

Carnival Crush Part 9 - LATE

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG!!!!
I woke up from the annoying sound of my alarm clock.
I huffed and puffed as I gathered all my energy to get up and turn it off.
I sat on my bed looking at my feet.
What happened yesterday? Was it a dream or real?
I have always imagined myself telling S3ood how I feel about him.
My head was pounding, it felt very heavy, I can barely lift it.
I lay back on my bed, slowly, thinking things through. I still wasn’t fully awake… I went back to sleep.
* * *
“OH MY GOOOOD!!!” I jumped out of my bed and stumbled my way to the bathroom; my hair standing up, my eyes popping out, and pajama all wrinkled up.
I overslept, I am soooooo late for the carnival!
The third and the last day of the carnival!!
I quickly brushed my teeth, washed my face, rubbed my hands with soap and ran out to get changed.
I wasn’t thinking nor daydreaming as I usually do as I get ready, I just focused on getting done.
I changed my clothes. I wore my white pants with a red Juicy T-shirt.
Then, I quickly combed my soft, straight, short, black hair and put the necessary things in my red clutch, and put on my makeup; a very thin eyeliner and a red lipstick, I looked adorable.
When I was done, I wore my red Juicy flip flops and grabbed my BB.
I quickly called Bakash, our driver, to go outside to take me to the carnival.
I ran to the stairs, as I ran, I called our maid to quickly come with me to the car.
Everything happened in a rush.
When I finally got in the car, I looked at my watch.
OMG! It’s 12:10 PM, my mom is gonna KILL me.
I checked my blackberry, 6 missed calls from my mother. 2 missed calls from Sara, my cousin who also happens to be a volunteer with us in the carnival, and 3 missed calls from Fara7.
None from S3ood.
Then I remembered everything yesterday.
The crying.
The “I love you”.
I said that???
I actually said that.
I am so stupid, why did I say that? I ruined EVERYTHING! I can’t believe what happened yesterday, it all seems like a dream to me.
I stared out the window, looking at the trees as they swiftly passed by. I looked at the street as it forms in lines when your in high speed.
I looked at people’s car numbers, how each one is unique.
As I was looking out my window, something felt wrong. I feel like I forgot something, I don't know what!! But something is definitely missing.

It was the longest ride to the carnival.
Now, I need to think about S3ood. What can I do? What will I tell him when I see him today?
Suddenly, it felt like I was quickly getting closer to the carnival, I didn’t want to arrive. I started feeling nervous and my stomach started to fill up with fluttering butterflies.
I threw myself into a deep hole that doesn’t have a ladder just by telling S3ood “I love you’.
The trick here is how to build the ladder to escape the hole.
I have to THINK. (wow that’s hard)
It was that moment that Bakash parked the car near the carnival.
I didn’t move.
He pressed the button to open the automatic door to signal me to leave.
I looked at the door as it slowly opened, it seemed like I’m going to enter the gate to hell.
I grabbed my red clutch and slowly placed my feet on the ground and got out of the car.
Bakash closed the door and drove off at high speed.
I looked at the car as it drove away, then looking at the floor with all my hopes down.
No! I didn’t do anything wrong, I just told him my feelings. Why is it wrong for a Kuwaiti girl to let out her feelings to a Kuwaiti guy? I didn’t do anything wrong. I didn’t steal a bank or kill a guy. I just said the truth.
I CONFIDENTLY (finally) lifted my head and took my first step to the carnival.
For some reason, Bakash was stupid enough to park the car down the end of the street. But I don't mind walking, I actually need that to think. I walked to kiefan's park (where the carnival is), every step seemed faster than the other.
I suddenly felt anxious to enter the carnival, excited.
I wanted to see S3ood, I wanted to confront him, to tell how I feel about the whole situation.
I finally reached the carnival.
For the first time, the carnival was crowded at noon.
Kids were running around everywhere and parents or maids running after them.
How the hell am I going to find S3ood?
Then… “Jooooooooooooooooood!!! Where weeeerre youuuuu? I got soooo worrieeed.” Ofcourse, it was Noor.
I gave her a weak smile, “well, here I am!! Gotta go.”
I stepped away from her and took a couple of steps away so she could stop talking to me, moo wagt-ha killish!!!
I let my eyes scan the whole place.
No sign of S3ood.
I walked and wandered around like an idiot looking for my dear S3ood.
I can’t find him.
Suddenly I heard a voice behind me.
“Looking for someone??”
I quickly turned around and unconsciously blurt out “FAWAZ!!’ I was surprised, actually more than surprised to see him confidently standing there. That was the time I knew what I forgot, I knew what was missing when I got in the car.... FAWAZ'S WATCH!!
I can't mention it to him. No! SHIT!! What am I going to do?
“Ishda3wa chithi mi5tar3a? manii maklich ana.” shyly.
My cheeks felt hot and red. “hehe!! Inzain…. Shift S3ood? 9arly sina adawra madry waina!!”
“Mino s3ood??”
“7m7m…. uhh…. The guy I kind of… uhhh.. you know? The guy that was with me the other day.. uhh-“ HELP!
“eeee, 3arafta!! Hahaha” …….
“inzain… yalla text him!”
“Sorry, not gonna do that.’
“laish?”
“I tried to imitate your stupid idea of telling the person you have a crush on that you love her –
“YOU TOLD HIM YOU LOVE HIM??”
“YES! And I totally regret that. So I am so not going to listen to your stupid ideas ever again.’
Well, I didn’t tell you to do that.’
“But you did do it, didn’t you?”
“Whatever. Just text him okay? Trust me.”
“Sorry, can’t do that.”
I gave my back to him, smiled to myself a tiny smile and walked to my mom to tell her I’m here.
As usual I found my mom in total chaos, everything was wacky and bizarre around her!!!
“Mama, I came.”
She quickly turned to face me, leaving everything she’s working on behind.
oo lamman she turned to face me, kanet i3yoonha imbaggiga oo wayyiha a7mar oo her lips nashfeen.... uh-oh I’m in biiiiiig trouble.
“WHERE WERE YOU??? HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT ME TO CALL SO YOU CAN ANSWER IT??? WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT HOME ANYWAY??? WHERE’S THE ‘I’M GONNA BE ON TIME I PROMISE’ THING GO? HUH? IN THE GARBAGE?????? I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU—‘
“bas mama—“
“DON’T MAMA ME, GOT THAT???? THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU DO THAT—‘
“mamaaaa—“
“NOT ONE WORD!!!!!!!! I AM TALKING TO YOU, CAN’T YOU SEE THAT?”
I gazed at the floor disappointedly, not because she wasn’t letting me speak or because she was yelling at me. But because all the people in the carnival were looking at us and she wouldn’t quiet down.
“ok, mama, ok. I got that.”
“I DIDN’T FINISH!!!!” Omg! I’m dying here. Please god, let her shut up just till we get home.
“YOU DID NOT COME ON TIME, AND NOW YOU WON’T LISTEN???????” I hate my mom.
EVERYONE was looking.
I saw someone moving at the back, only three meters behind my mom’s back.
I looked up and it was Fawaz.
He was looking at me and laughing shyly.
I snorted—I swear it was by accident!!
“DO YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNNNNNYYYYY????????????” UHHHHHHH!!!! God, please, just let her stop.
My smile quickly disappeared!
Nothing was going to stop my mom at that moment except when her friend, 5alty Nawal, came and told her she had to calm down so the people could at least focus on their activities.
I quickly skidded to Fawaz.
He was looking at me smiling.
The way a guy looks at a girl he honestly loves.
“Enjoyed that a lot,” as I was coming near him.
“Oh yeah? Then, you should come visit us some time, you’ll see it a lot!”
It was that time I remembered S3ood again. Where the hell is he?
“Gotta go, unfinished business, see ya!”
I took a quick spin around the carnival looking for S3ood. He was no where to be seen.
Should I text him? Is it a good idea? Maybe I should try doing it. At least he’ll know I’m thinking of him.
I wrote the text message:
sent message
to: S3ooooood ;*****
Hi S3ood!! :P
Where are you ???
We need to talk, it’s soo urgent :S
Please come. And when you’re there tell me please…..
See ya ;)

هناك تعليقان (2):

  1. umbai maynoonah
    and since your on a roll... yalla one more :D
    hahah thanks for the million posts!

    ردحذف
  2. Distracted: afaaaa 3alaaaiiich :) part 10 is dedicated to you

    ردحذف