السبت، 6 يونيو 2009

Carnival Crush Part 4 - Secret Admirer? a

“Can.. I.. have.. your……..phone number”
He said it very slowly, but the ending came fast, he probably wanted to get finished.
I looked at him, totally SHOCKED.
I am totally NOT going to give him my phone number, even though I love him the most in the world right now, there is no way I am going to give him my phone number. No!! No Way! It’s just wrong.
“It’s just that…” He continued, hoping I’d interrupt him by saying yes. “What if I need you in the carnival.. and… I.. don’t find you, you know?”
I looked at him shocked and confused at the same time. I felt so stupid. But maybe he has a point, what if he DOES need me in the carnival. I mean, I am going to give him my number for work, not for any other reason, right?
I was thinking; yes, no, yes no…. yes no???After a while, S3ood continued…
“But… if.. you don’t want to..-”
“No, it’s okay.” I said quickly. Not sure of what I was doing at the moment and I gave him my number.
He tried not to smile while he saved my number, though I felt him smile. I was smiling too.
* * *
We got back to the carnival, not one word on our way back.
I watched my steps carefully not wanting to slip again, though I desperately want him to hold my hands.
When we entered the carnival, the place was at total chaos.
We quickly split to bring things back to order now that we have strength to do so.
I went to stage, where the puppet show was performing, but the show was now over and chairs were a mess, everywhere!I was stacking chairs, but then S3ood came up to me:
“I can do that, you go stack the books”
“Ok” I answered and quickly moved to the books section. He’s such a gentleman!
My mother came up to me, hands on her hips.
She never has such a countenance except when she is totally exhausted, overwhelmed, angry, and confused:
“Where were you?” She half screamed.
“I went to eat lunch, mom.” I said it almost whispering nudging her to quiet down.
“You should have told me first, I was looking for you all over the place.” Her voice was still loud, her hands were flying everywhere!
She EMBARRASSED ME.
“With whom did you go?”
“I went with S3ood?”
"You went with S3OOD??!!” Voice still loud.
S3ood looked in our direction across from us, looking at my angry mother.
“Shhhh, mom!”
“Why did you go with him, 3eab 7abebty”
“Who else do you want me to go with? ALONE?”
“Don’t talk back to me like that.” I rolled my eyes.“Stop doing that, you know I hate it when you do that.”
“Sorry, okay?”
She gave me a dirty look that walked away.
S3ood came over to me.
“I’m sorry if I put you in trouble, do you want me to go talk to her??” He had such an innocent face, I wanted to hug him.
“No, it’s okay.”
* * *
I should probably describe myself: I have the most beautiful smile in the world; the best smile as my friends tell me. I am as people say na3ooma. My bashra is very smooth and clean, my eyes are normal, my eyebrows are not bushy nor thin, just normal. Not dark nor light, in the middle. But as my friends tell me: marsooma. My nose is my biggest worry, I hate it! It’s ugly. It makes me look very different, it changed my whole appearance. Though many tell me, it’s normal, or as my dad once told me, It’s straight, perfect, superstars make plastic surgeries to have a nose like yours… I don’t believe him. My bottom lip is okay, but I feel that my upper lip is a bit thin. My teeth aren’t white nor yellow, they’re normal and 9affa wa7da. I’m not white, dark, yellow, 7an6awiya, I don’t know what I am, but I am slightly closer to 7an6awiya. People who aren’t my friends think I’m white, but my friends have been with me for a long time and seen me quite too much so they know I am 7an6awiya... a bit. But if there were any troubles in my face, THE SMILE takes it aaaall away. I have the best hair in the family, my hair is dark, thick, straight, and extremely soft (mashallah), in parties, when I straighten my hair, and put on the thin eyeliner, blush, and the lipstick, I become extremely attractive. Even when I didn’t even put the makeup, random people from Aqua Park sometimes come up to me and tell me I’m mamloo7a… they make my day!!
On the second day of the carnival, I was extremely fa9la when my friends came.
People come up to me to ask questions, and I’d open a whole conversation with them, everyone EXTREMELY adored me.
By the time it started to get really crowded was at 5 PM, the place was full of everyone; kids, maids, parents, everyone!
A Saudi father with his wife came up to me with their 2 daughters and one son to join the activity. I was standing near the arts and crafts activities to organize the children when they entered. S3ood still didn’t come.
The father came up and asked me: “Can my children join this activity?”
I smiled to him: “sure!”
He smiled back, and turned to look at his kids, “come along! Don’t be shy, go sit over there in the small chairs.”
From far away I noticed someone looking at me, I turned around hoping it was S3ood. It wasn’t, it was another guy about my age admiring me.
He smiled to me. I thought it was friendly to smile back, so I gave him a friendly smile.
I turned back to the father with his kids and saw that the kids already got in the arts and crafts area; the arts and crafts supervisor called Lana from Syria looked at me confused.
I quickly walked in laughing and helped them sit in their seats.
When I got outside the Saudi father was waiting for me for some reason. I went to him still smiling.
“Ok, thank you” I told him smiling.
“No, thank you,” the father told me, “Can I have your name?”
“Jood
“Wini3im Jood” I noticed he was holding his hands together in front of him.
I didn’t know what to reply, so I just smiled.
The guy who was looking at me before was still standing there and looking at me.
“Intaw min il si3oodia??” I asked the father.
“Yes!” He replied cheered up.
“7ayakom allah.”
Thank you, thank you, you have such a wonderful country.” Very oblivious, he was yijamil.
I smiled back. (I smile a lot)
His wife hugged his arm and laid her head on his shoulders, he was a bit irritated from that action so tried to lightly move his arm away from her but he couldn’t.
“Yallah mit3ib.”
She told him as softly as she can.
“Yallah.” He answered starting to have a serious/angry expression on his face, and they went away.
The boy was still looking at me, I wanted to go talk to him.
Not as in TALK, but like ask him if he needs help or anything… very innocent. hehehe!
I was walking up to him, pretending I didn’t notice he was even there. And then when I get near him, I’d quickly turn around ask if he needs help, if not keep moving quickly as if I have a job to do.....
That was the plan.
As I was walking to him, I heard: “JOOOOOD!!!!”

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق